In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1659
On this Board 1303Record: 3837 (2/3/2013)
Online now 1665Record: 5859 (2/14/2012)
The place to talk about the Florida State Seminoles
The place to discuss general topics outside of Florida State
You have no favorite boards.
The No. 11 Florida State Seminoles return to Doak S. Campbell Stadium for Homecoming on Saturday and will host the Duke Blue Devils at 3:30 p.m. Join the chat.
Chris Nee of 247Sports.com. You can follow me on twitter @CNee247.
Not many recruits expected at today's game, but here is a short list: FSU-Duke Visitor List
Temperatures will be in the lower 80's at kickoff. Winds will be out of the North-North-West at 12 miles per hour.
There will be a flyover performed by the Coast Guard. Make sure you are in your seats by 3:15 p.m. to see the flyover.
The game will be televised nationally on ESPNU. You can also watch the game on WatchESPN.com.
You can listen to the game on the radio on one of these affiliates. The game will also be broadcast on Sirius channel 137 and XM channel 195.
Some Duke Notes to enjoy this morning:
• Duke plays game nine of its 100th season of football by travelling to meet No. 11 Florida State at Doak S. Campbell Stadium in Tallahassee ... The game will be broadcast live by ESPNU with Anish Shroff (play-by-play), Dan Hawkins (analyst) & Tom Luginbill (sideline) calling the action
• The Blue Devils stand at 6-2 overall and 3-1 in ACC play after defeating North Carolina, 33-30, last weekend, while the Seminoles are 7-1 overall and 4-1 in league play after winning at Miami, 33-20
• Saturday’s game will mark the 18th on the gridiron between the two schools, with Florida State having won all 17 previous meetings
• Duke holds an all-time record of 23-129-6 against nationally ranked foes (AP poll) ... The Blue Devils’ last win over a ranked opponent was a 28-25 victory over No. 13 Virginia on November 5, 1994 ... Duke’s last road triumph over a nationally-ranked foe came in the form of a 9-3 decision at No. 10 Stanford on October 2, 1971
• Three ACC teams — Clemson, Duke & Florida State — became bowl-eligible this past Saturday ... The Tigers were the first to qualify as their win over Virginia Tech ended at 3:21 p.m. ... The Blue Devils were next by securing their triumph over North Carolina at 10:37 p.m., followed by the Seminoles as their victory over Miami concluded at 11:56 p.m.
• Duke’s 6-2 start matches the school’s third-best eight-game start since the inception of the ACC in 1953 (7-1 in both 1960 & 1994)
• The Blue Devils received 16 points in this week’s USA Today national poll as well as 10 points in the Harris Interactive Poll
• On the heels of its 33-30 win over North Carolina, Duke was named the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl National Team of the Week by the Football Writers Association of America
• QB Sean Renfree, OT Perry Simmons & RB Jela Duncan all received ACC Player of the Week recognition following last week’s win over UNC
Duke By the Numbers
4 — Game-winning scoring drives in the fourth quarter directed by QB Sean Renfree, matching the second-highest total in Duke history ... Walt Rappold, who directed five game-winning scoring drives in the final period of action during the 1961 and 1962 seasons, sits atop the list
17-2 — Duke’s record under David Cutcliffe when leading after three quarters ... Overall, Cutcliffe is 51-9 when ahead after three periods
510 — Yards of total offense – the highest total of the David Cutcliffe Era vs. ACC competition – last week against a Tar Heel defense that entered the week ranking 3rd in the ACC and 22nd nationally in total defense, allowing just 327.0 yards per game
.867 — Combined winning percentage of Duke’s next two opponents — Florida State (7-1) and Clemson (6-1)
94 — Receiving yards needed by WR Conner Vernon to pass former Florida State standout Peter Warrick (3,517) as the ACC’s career leader
74 — Total points on 14 field goals and 32 PATs for K Ross Martin ... Martin leads all true freshman kickers in scoring nationally, and his 9.25 points per game average ranks sixth-best in the ACC ... The 74 points already rank as the 11th-highest single-season scoring total at Duke
I see a lot of empty seats out there.
Block in the back to start the game for Duke. 1st and 10 from their 15.
The first play is a completed pass gain of 12
Thomas Liscio, Interning for 247Sports.com. You can follow me on twitter @TJL_247
3rd down coming up and McCloud is down
Huge stop for the Noles. Tank slams Renfree to the ground.
The Nole take over at the 28 yard line after the Duke punt.
Gotta catch that JWJ.
EJ airs it out for the TD 71 yards for Rashad Greene!
Great throw EJ. Perfect deep ball.
Nice throw and catch.
3 plays, 72 yards, 0:52 off the clock.
Noles 7 - Duke 0
Karlos has to lead the team in 15 yard penalties.
Williams on the tackle brings up 4th down at the 49.
UGA up 7-0 on UF.
Flag on the long pass intended for Rodney Smith.
Pass interference on the play.
1st and 10 from the 33
Pryor with the big rush. Gain of 11. 1st and 10 from the 44
EJ picks up huge yards on the pass to Smith. 1st and 10 from the Blue Devil 31
Duke takes over on the EJ fumble.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports