In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 529
Online now 492 Record: 5859 (2/14/2012)
The place to talk about the Florida State Seminoles
The place to discuss general topics outside of Florida State
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
I've got a short list of what is most on my mind.
1. QB Battle with the added value of Winston in there.
2. Replacing 3 1st round caliber DEs.
3. More Karlos?
4. More snaps for previously 2nd and 3rd string DTs.
5. How our D looks under Pruit?
6. Possibly more 3-4? (one of my favs)
7. Replacing Lonnie.
8. Adding Pender and Green to our RBs. (I think we are going to like the results this competition will bring)
9. please add
I'm interested to see how the players take to the new staff. It's gotta be somewhat traumatic to go thru an offseason like that. It's over now and it's about winning football games. We'll see how they mesh.
For the latest recruiting scoop follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/joshnewberg247
Who takes the R tackle spot.
Who plays safety.
Who takes Moody's spot at LB
Who will return kicks.
You probably have everything else that I'm interested in
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by OcalNole 13 months ago
Will Beatty improve with new ST coaching?
Will our nickel blitz packages mimic Bama's?
I'm being a bit of a hypocrite here, but the RT battle doesn't really have my attention. As with the QB position, I don't expect it to be settled until the last week of summer practice. Trickett will take his time as will Jimbo. I'm just excited to see Winston play a little ball.
1. QB Battle
2. Change in defensive philosophy
3. Does the FB still exist at FSU?
4. Kelvin Benjamin take the next step?
5. How does defensive end play out.
Chris Nee of 247Sports.com. You can follow me on twitter @CNee247.
1. Aguayo: I'm more interested in his kickoffs than FGs. Dustin was such a weapon in field position because of the depth and hang time on his kickoffs.
2. Beatty: Simply put, he has to be better.
3. RT: Bobby Fart....are you going to grow the F up?
4. QB: 3 pretty good options. Who will separate themselves?
5. RB: Wilder, Freeman and Pender all healthy. Our offense is almost certain to rely heavily on the ground game with the experience we have on the OL. I want to see these guys improve.
6. DE: Who will emerge opposite of MEJr. I think it's Hicks surprisingly. He looked pretty good in 11' as a backup.
7. How will the players adjust to the new defensive scheme?
8. Karlos: Do you have your big boy pants on? Time to step up. If not, I really think Tyler Hunter is an excellent option at Safety.
I think KB is closer to the buzz saw than people think. From what I've been told, the kid enjoys the night life...a lot. While I don't believe he's been publicly and officially punished, I think the reasons he appears to be in Jimbo's dog house stem from these kind of problems.
1.) The QB battle will be epic this year. Will the young Mr. Winston take his place at the helm?
2.) The RB battle will be epic this year. Freeman, Wilder, Pender, Green .... Eric Beverly where are you?
3.) Will the fastest man in college football Bracy excite us the way Reid did returning punts and kicks?
3.) The DE position will be nasty as well. Casher or Newberry?
4.) How will Joyner do at the CB position?
5.) Can our OL improve? Will Mr. Hart show up and play the way we expected him to when he arrived on campus?
I'm interested to see our LB's, Winston at QB, DE's and Los at S
GO NOLES! / SCALP EM!
Mario Pender Heisman campaign. 2013 2014 or both years?
Life is good. Now lets go win another championship.
Three W's In My Life: Ward, Weinke, and Winston
Agreed. No way he ever makes it to his RJr year. He'll be doing Nike commercials by then.
1. QB battle: screw guessing who wins the job, lets just ask, "how GOOD do you think the Qb will be THIS year?" If Jameis wins out but has "definitely a year full of growing pains" then we are effed
2. New defensive scheme/adjusting to new coaches: Every job is up for grabs, with that level playing field who becomes the men on fire this spring? Dont think the turnover will affect offensive players much. Jimbo, Dawsey, Trickett are back.
3. Kelvin Benjamin and the WRs. We are still mostly hype here. Solid play the last two years no doubt but Dawsey has mostly overseen WR groups that never get past a certain point with him as coach. JUST SAYIN'
4. Right Tackle and 2nd team OL. We need an unreasonably high success rate of guys staying healthy and really developing. We need legitimate good luck here.
5. Running back. Pender has a chance to fly up the chart, Wilder has the chance to become a first team All Acc RB and then you have the people's champ: D.Freeman
This post was edited by fsufsu 13 months ago
I I agree with you. Apart from that he still seems to have attitude issues from what I've heard. That tweet after the bowl game was upsetting. Was also told by someone who works in the FSU AD that KB is probably the laziest kid on the team. He said, "He thinks because he is a WR and because of his size that he doesn't have to take workouts seriously." Not good news but I will never stop hoping that the light comes on for him.
Here's a question though, would you rather the light come on for KB, or for Pender? Seems both came in with similar issues.
Pender. Best NFL RB prospect FSU has had in years. While KB has potential for greatness, he's not the athletic freak Megatron is.
There's a book on the 2010 Glades Central championship team, written by Bryan Mealer called Muck City. Great read for FSU fans because its a solid glimpse into the area, and also features Jessie Hester and KB. KB has long standing maturity issues, dating back to a rough childhood. The book documents some of the negative traits he's been attributed to at FSU.
Really want the kid to succeed, but he's got a longer way to go than Pender at this point.
Defense as a whole
New look secondary
Pender's role in the offense
Linebackers as a unit, and whomever replaces VW in the middle.
Most of all special teams. This crucial component will make or break us this coming season. Beatty has to step up now. Aguayo must too.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports