In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 529
Online now 632 Record: 5859 (2/14/2012)
The place to talk about the Florida State Seminoles
The place to discuss general topics outside of Florida State
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
1. EJ's mother had cancer, if you don't think he was distracted, you don't have enough sense for this conversation to continue.
2. This is my 3rd year as head coach, I'm bound to make mistakes. I'm not perfect, and I'm happy to have the opportunity to continue to learn.
3. 6 coaches left after this season. That should be a clue that the last staff wasn't always on the same page.
4. If you're 12 and 2, that means you won 12 games. How many other teams won 12+ games last year? 7, two of them played for the National Championship, and we beat one of them in the Orange bowl - which was a BCS bowl, 1 of 4. We also finished in the top 10 for the first time in how many years? When I took over we had been 6-6 3 out of 4 years. I think we've made progress, we're not perfect, but there's no question that we've made progress. To expect perfection in my 3rd year, while I'm still coaching juniors and seniors I didn't even recruit doesn't seem logical to me. Does that sound reasonable to you?
5. FSU has often had talent, but talent does not equal discipline or execution. We're still working on it. Thank God we had the talent we had, and I expect we will continue to have that level of talent. Once we get the discipline and execution, once our team is full of guys that I've been recruiting since they were freshman and sophomores, look out. At that point, I'll have 4 years experience as HC. At that point you can hold me to the standard of perfection.
A lot of people seem to forget point number 2. Even the mighty Saban took more than three years to win a natty.
We saying the same thing!! We should have high expectations, why not.. Bama or LSU won't be making excuses next year
I think that anyone that expects a HC in his third year to win a national championship is being a little unrealistic. This past year the Noles did exactly what I thought they would (just not how I thought they would). I do not have lofty expectations for FSU this year. However.....if Winston becomes the player we all think he will be and we can continue to recruit at a high level, I will have a hard time justifying not being in the running for the NC next year.
ummm, no I'm pretty sure I'm not looking at the Bobby glory years with rose colored glasses.. we were fuckin (pardon my language but I feel it's appropriate here) awesome.
...and I'm pretty sure we lost 4 in 2011 and 4 in 2010 (could be wrong about that check the schedules). Happy with 2 losses, but it could have easily been 4 and 2011/2010 could have easily been 2. Not huge strides on the field, definitely a huge stride in the end result.
EDIT: I take it back I'm definitely not happy with those 2 losses last year.
This post was edited by SmokinJoeP 12 months ago
It's not about the MNC.. It's more about crushing double-digit dogs. Time to start seeing the back- up qb in the late third quarter.. The talent level now supports that thesis. We should be at a point now where we are routinely beating the brakes off of the Va. Techs, Wake Forest's and NC States of the world. I agree with you though for the most part
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports