In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online now 674 Record: 5859 (2/14/2012)
The place to talk about the Florida State Seminoles
The place to discuss general topics outside of Florida State
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Rumors are swirling and it seems like Jimbo is raiding the Alabama staff. Just re-reading that has me thinking "WTF?"
I read on here that Josh says Jimbo and Saban talk more than people think. Say that Saban does, in fact, take the jump to the NFL. He likes his assistants but knows that they aren't NFL-caliber at this point in their careers. Does anybody think that Saban is helping Jimbo orchestrate this whole thing? Jimbo has seemed TOO calm, cool, and collected about all of this.
Seems to be a lot of smoke about this right now. I wouldn't necessarily say that he is helping Jimbo, but maybe he's helping Jimbo as well as his assistants that won't go with him. These guys moving on at this point could just be some security for them so they're not left high and dry when he bolts to the NFL after they win the NC game. Solid theory IMO.
I've always felt he was there to stay but what more can he accomplish? He's at the top. Some guys are built for the college game but Saban probably hates that rep. If he fails again in the NFL he can have his pick of college jobs.
Pay attention if Andy Reid gets fired
As an Eagles fan that is basically a foregone conclusion at this point.
You watch way too many movies.
I would hardly call promoting a coach that worked with safeties for two years to DC as "raiding".
This move will only fuel the ego of the Bamers. Their HS coaches can be your DCs.
Bama fans just better hope he doesn't say that he's staying
Time will tell if Pruitt is a good hire, but it doesn't matter what level you are at: if you can coach, you can coach. I realize there is a step up in expectations, but Pruitt was the DC at a very high-profile high school and has handled that before.
Just to throw out another point, it didn't seem that Kirby Smart's name was very hot when head coaching jobs came open like it has been the past few years. It could be possible he will be one of the leading candidates to replace Saban.
"A Seminole warrior killed in battle is a legend remembered. A Gator lost in battle becomes a pair of boots and a belt. "
IF it's true that Saban is going that would explain why Kirby Smart quickly took his name out of the coaching search for other schools. IF it is true then Saban told him, and he's just waiting for that promotion once he leaves..
I'm not questioning Jimbo's hires.
I am questioning those the term "Raiding".
Rumors about other Bama coaches and FSU include Burns, LB coach, and former LB coach Sunseri. I believe that is what the poster meant by "raiding". How about possibly raiding? NFL/Saban be thinking more like Cleveland.
This post was edited by Crappy Davenpot 16 months ago
As a Phin fan, I wouldn't wish Saban on Cleveland.
On a serious note, I don't think Saban to Cleveland is serious at all.
This is assuming we get Alabama's DB coach, RB coach, LB coach, and former LB coach. You don't think something like that would rise to the level of "raiding"?
FSU Ambassador to the masses
If he is going to the NFL he must really hate Smart. IMO I just think the other coaches are a huge pipedream.
After Bama beats ND what more does Saban have to prove? 4 MNCs in less than 10 years. Why stay?
"I never knew I had a foot until I noticed it was on your neck"
Why let Jimbo raid his staff if he is close friends with Smart also?
Maybe Smart would be the one coach that would go to the NFL with him? At that point, he knows Alabama would be looking to make a big splash and bring in a Chip Kelly, Pete Carroll, big-time name, knowing full well that they would bring assistants with them.
Obviously this is all conjecture, I just find it interesting that there are rumors of lateral moves from Alabama to FSU. There has to be something going on behind the scenes if there is even a grain of truth to these rumors.
Key word is rumors, an there is reason that Smart hasnt left yet. Its pretty obvious he is getting that job when Saban leaves. HC at Bama > then a DC in the NFL
As you can tell by my name, I feel like I am the only one on this board that is qualified to speak of this matter. So let me tell you that Jimbo made it his crusade to raid and pillage Tuscaloosa by taking the entire sta... I mean, DB coach. *clears throat*
Who said we're "raiding" their staff? Jimbo ain't forcing anyone to leave Bama.
I live in Miami and am a Phins fan. I have no animosity towards Saban. His wife hated it here, and the organization royally screwed the pooch with the Culpepper/Brees debacle. And I don't blame Saban for that. The team physicians told him Brees only had about a 25% chance of recovery, while Culpepper had a 75% chance.
what you guys should worry about,is if saban leaves is cjp coming back.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports