In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 800
Online now 667 Record: 5859 (2/14/2012)
The place to talk about the Florida State Seminoles
The place to discuss general topics outside of Florida State
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
"I would like to think what we saw was somewhat of an aberration when you have all three phases down consistently and that's what we did. I told our team afterwards it was not a product of our preparation; we have a very committed team, we practice well. It was not a product of we are bowl eligible and we are going to shut down. That's not the case in my opinion. It is a product of playing a very good team that we didn't respond to that very good team. As a group of seniors I told them "you've got to leave all this in Tallahassee. We've got too much lying in front of us. All you guys returning to our squad, I don't want you to forget it but I don't want you to think about it right now. That's something for off season. It's a part of the process. Just understand what a really good football team looks like."
"I said this a month ago as I watched Florida State a good bit every phase when we were playing Wake Forest - that's one of the games we studied. I told it to many of my friends - I think that's (Florida State) is the best team in the country. I've been around this a long time. I don't think they have a weakness. I told Coach Fisher before the ballgame - I said you've got the best field position team I've ever seen. And they do that incredibly well - their placekicker, kickoff man, punting - they've done lot of pinning people in, their return game is outstanding and they are physical on both lines of scrimmage - equally so. They are equally as physical on offense as they are on defense. I think it's all in front of them as to what they can do. That kind of sums the story up."
Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/travreg
I hope he's right.
He's a class guy and I couldn't agree with him more. One night in NC is going to prevent the rest of the nation from learning what Coach Cut and we already know.
Apparently Cutcliff does not read Seminole message boards.
Absolutely. Yet we have several experts here that will tell you different, from opinions garnered in their long and storied careers of observing the efforts and results of others, all from a comfortable distance with nothing of themselves on the line. I'm damn glad to have the benefit of their expertise, and pleased they deign to share it with me. Cutliff?A jerk in spite of developing a Manning and being recognized at one of the better offensive minds in the game. Herbstreit? A clown that has little true tackle football knowledge. Stunk as a player too!
It's 247 poster guys I want to get my clear perspective from. They know what's going on. They see:
1. Jimbo: as a Martinet who can't call any decent plays and has a process that sucks. He needs to be replaced at the end of the season and Coach Fart Blossom from Stink it Up U brought in.
2. Trickett: Can't recruit, is too old, too short, and smells like cigars all the time. He's mean and cusses and all those guys he's sent to the pros REALLY suck; it just hard to tell as he's great at teaching them how to disguise their flaws.
3. Gran: Can't settle on one guy to carry the tater, is always experimentin' with RB's, to the confusion and consternation of everybody, including himself.
4. Coley: Is always off drinking strong coffee in the booth during the game and therefore is in the stinky toilet more often than not.
5. Dawsey: All his charges run the wrong routes, can't jump and can barely catch the pig, and then only when there is no one else around.
6. Elliot: Who is he anyway? We never hear much about him. I think he's either a lie or a myth from long ago.
7. Hudson: He get blinded from the glare of the lights shining off his coconut and stays in a perpetual state of myopia.
8. DC. Is always chatting the players up, but is mostly telling jokes about how the Crimson Tide is a buncha cheating chawbaccens.
9. Viloria: Is just plain crazy and addicted to calisthenics. His lady makes him sleep in the garage.
10. Stoops: Makes weird and totally strange hand gestures all during the game, which no one understands, but he is the best at grimacing and screaming at the refs. Jimbo just waves his clipboard at em, and threathens to remove everything but the mustard from their locker space.
Yessir, the subscription moola I plunk down to retain my membership of this site is worth every penny. I know of nowhere else I can find such complete and utter lunacy, passing for in-depth knowledge of our program. I pledge to pay close attention, most of the time, and to adopt the precepts of all those that serve to set us straight about how crappy we really and truly are.
I'm a bit sad now, as we've actually lost a game and therefore any goodwill we had earned in the Tackle Football Industry.
This post was edited by Nashnole 18 months ago
Stand up guy.
Funny and too true!
Well done.....Virola's wife make him sleep in the garage! Bet all that towel whipping keeps the Mosquitos down!
Thanks for the laugh!
Message boards are all about the trees...Cutcliffe described the forest............
I don't believe this is the same guy that was supposed to be tweeting about Viloria this evening.
If he is, I'd be ashamed to have this wimp as my whiny coach. He's ridiculous.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports