In partnership with CBSSports.com
The place to talk about the Florida State Seminoles
The place to discuss general topics outside of Florida State
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Is he staying? Not feeling good about this for some reason.
Chris Nee of 247Sports.com. You can follow me on twitter @CNee247.
he is not close to being ready for the league. If he leaves it will be curious to see who gave him the bad advice.
theres a report out their when his paperwork came back he was projected as a late 2nd round-3 round pick.
being reported on that other site, supposedly he got a 2-3rd round grade back from the NFL? I dont subscribe to the dark side but they were talking about it on Tnation. He is gone more than likely(if its true) needs the money for his family or something.
This post was edited by OcalNole 18 months ago
we'll see if he goes in the upper rounds. I hope for his sake he does. We also do not know who is feeding the information.
a perfect landing spot for him is the Miami Dolphins. they have 3 second round picks. Jonathan Martin is the future at LT for them but he started as a rookie at RT. Resign Long to a 2-3 year deal and let Watson be a back up, eventually move Martin to LT and slide Watson in at RT.
If you can afford to sit him a year or 2 he is very much worth the pick in 2-3 round.
Losing Watson really hurts us.
He's an idiot if he leaves.
He'd be a first round pick and a millionaire if he stays. But I can certainly understand his predicament.
That's a stupid thing to say considering you probably don't know about a lot that is factoring in to this for him.
Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or it may last a year. But eventually, it will subside. If i quit, however it will last forever.
True. That poster is prone to hyperbole and talking out of the other end of his body. If the guy needs to support his family and can't stay, then he's not an idiot even if ideally he should stay.
No wonder people get tired of these boards. They are tired of reading BS. Whether Wilson stays or not, Marshall Nole is out of line.
Well let's see. His family has somehow survived this long without him. If he stays he can probably support his family and the next generation of his family on when he signs a multi million dollar contract. I seriously doubt a team takes a risk drafting a guy in round 1-3 who has only played a handful of games in his career. He will better server himself by staying.
Man, this board is getting brutal. I wonder what you guys say about me when I am not around.
I hope he stays, like the great Matt Millen was saying during the OB that FSU has a young o-line and they should all be back next year and if they do return, FSU will have one of the best lines in the country.
Agree. It's really getting hard to read these days.
The poster formerly known as 31-7. Understood by few, known by many, loved by all.
Looks like you brought your gun and knife to a, "remotely written series of grammtically incorrect, abusive sentences fight". BITCH. NOW WHAT S A? YOU BETTER SURRENDER B4 THE WORDS START TO PENETRATE
Jeeze Louise, I really hope he stays. If he bolts Tunsil will have to start as a freshman which shouldn't be too bad. :)
The Future is Now.
I really don't think what I wrote was "brutal." Marshall Nole has been very acerbic towards our coaches this year and just said that one of our players projected to go top 3 rounds in the NFL draft is "an idiot" if he goes.
I think the response was not overly personal and was certainly warranted.
The draft report that came back did project him to a late 2nd to last 3rd. It also gave him some areas to work on and it mentioned if he does he will likely end up being a 1st round pick.
2013 League Minimum
Rookies = 405k
1 year exp = 480k
2 years exp = 555k
3 years exp = 630k
4-6 years = 715k
My question, is WHY would someone who is capable of being drafted, who watched what happened to Jenkins, Carradine, and Thompson... EVER forgo this type of money, if they aren't already extremely wealthy?
If you have to choose between guaranteed 100% chance of making 405k/annual today...or have a 75% chance of making $1 million/annual in a year from now, with a 25% chance of a season ending injury which causes you to slide outside of the draft and spend a year rehabbing/making nothing... Which is the smarter choice for someone who is not already wealthy?
To further extrapolate on this logic, in general, the coaching the NFL will be significantly better and advance your career faster... enabling you to become better and make more money faster. So while he may only sign for 405k in your first year, if you absorb the coaching, play decent and show improvement, you will likely be able to use that to leverage to renegotiate your contract. If he was going to wash out of the NFL, he will wash out either way... if he is going to succeed, he will succeed either way. The only risk involved is if he stays in and college,rolls the dice on his health, and loses.
Stupid would be NOT going out, if he isn't already wealthy.
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by FsuFanForever 18 months ago
I think he should stay , but never know his situation, never know what has come up as far as to why he may need the money( Ej's mom has been battling cancer this year)things change rapidly in life. If he will indeed be drafted no ill will if he goes. Been some BBall players skipped college all together and did just fine.
Can some post the draft report shwoing him a 2-3 round pick? He was not anyone's big board. not one.
Also, to be a 2nd round pick he will need to be able to contribute in year 1. A team can't afford to sit on him for a couple of years unless he is a low round (5th or lower) pick.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports